I have to admit this week has been more challenging than the other weeks so far. I understand they should be getting more difficult but a couple of these weren’t just more difficult, they were exasperating.
The featured item for this week is supposed to be a 3-D flower set on a green background. The flower petals came out ok but attaching it to the background was not easy. That’s why you got the close-up. I didn’t want to show the wonky background. This would be a great square to use as a flourish on a hat, sweater, or scarf but it will definitely need more practicing before the whole square looks acceptable.
Her square is a beautiful woven look square with not so much space showing between the strips. I made my strips like she said but somehow my gray strips wound up attached to the sides so my other strips weren’t close enough together. Nice concept but too much work to suit me. Filed under better luck next time. But with 10 more months to go, I doubt I make it back to this one.
Fortunately, she sprinkles the exasperating ones in with some cool ones that are easy so a person doesn’t get discouraged and quit. Check out her link 365 Days of Granny Squares with Nadia and some of my earlier squares.
Onward and Upward. See you next week!